Tourism with English
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
This Tourism with English course at SCQF level 5 is designed for those interested in a career in tourism and if your first language is not English. The tourism industry is an evolving sector and job opportunities are continuing to grow. This course will improve your English language level whilst giving you knowledge of the travel and tourism sector. Tourism with English will ensure you are qualified to apply for further study courses of tourism at a higher level. You will take part in an interesting programme of visits to tourist attractions all over Edinburgh and gain first-hand experience in this growing and innovative sector. There will be guest lectures from the best in the travel business where you will make essential industry connections. Upon completion of this course, you will be prepared to sit your IELTS exam to a 5.5 standard.
What you will learn
Your studies will include a range of NQ National 5 units including:
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- An Introduction to Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Marketing
- Selling Skills
- Resort Rep
- Tourist Destinations and the Scottish Tourism Product
- Customer Care
- Airline and Airport Operations
How the course is assessed
You will be assessed through a mix of SQA, practical and written assignments throughout the year.
Number of days per week
- 3 days per week
- A minimum of 5 passes at National 4 and two passes at National 5 in relevant subjects.
- Or a minimum of five passes at SCQF level 4 and two passes at SCQF level 5 in relevant subjects.
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- You will be invited for a test and interview where your language level and suitability for the course will be checked
English Proficiency RequirementsESOL Intermediate 1/National 4 SQA or above or equivalent
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Access to HN Travel and Tourism
- Access to HN Events and Hospitality
- Tour guide
- Travel agent
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Full time||29/08/22||41 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.