Travel and Tourism: An Introduction (SCQF 5)
Campus Granton Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Full time
Duration 20 weeks
Course enquiry form
This 18-week travel and tourism course at SCQF Level 5 has been designed to give you an excellent introduction to the travel and tourism industry. This is an interactive and practical course designed to enhance your knowledge of tourist destinations and the different roles you could work in. Develop excellent customer service skills, and employability skills to improve your career prospects. This course ensures you are well prepared for further studies in this area which could lead to an exciting career in this growing sector. Edinburgh College has state-of-the-art facilities, including an aircraft classroom and airport check-in facilities for you to gain hands-on experience in the industry.
What you will learn
- Skills for Tour Guiding
- Working as Air Cabin Crew
- Culture of Scotland
- UK Tourist Destinations
- First Aid
- Delivering Customer Excellence
- Communication and Numeracy Skills
How the course is assessed
We will use a combination of:
- Practical activities
- Tests and quizzes
- Written reports
You will be continually assessed through practical and written assignments.
Number of days per week
- Three full days per week - Monday, Tuesday and Thursday
- A minimum requirement of five National 4s to include English & Mathematics or Communications and Numeracy or equivalent.
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- You will be invited for a group and/or individual discussion where you can find out more information about the course and tell us why you are interested in this subject area.
English Proficiency RequirementsMinimum 5.5 IELTS or equivalent
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Completion of this course will allow automatic entry to January 2024 Travel and Tourism 18-week course and have the opportunity to study a selection of units at Level 6.
- Travel agent
- Tour operator
- Cabin crew
- Airport ground staff
- Visitor attraction posts
- Tour guide
- Holiday resort rep
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Granton Campus||Full time||28/08/23||20 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.