Travel and Tourism NC SCQF Level 6
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
This National Certificate (NC) Travel and Tourism SCQF Level 6 qualification is an interactive and practical course designed to equip learners with the knowledge, understanding and skills required for success in current and future employment or progression to further qualifications.
Develop excellent customer service skills, discover dynamic employability subjects and enhance your career prospects. This course ensures you are well prepared for further studies in this area which could lead to an exciting career in this growing industry.
One of the units: Travel and Tourism Study Visit, gives you the opportunity to have a short European city visit past locations have included Berlin, Seville and Belfast. You will attend guest lectures from the best in the travel business and learn about the job opportunities available in this growing sector.
What you will learn
- Travel and Tourism: Enhancing Skills for Employment
- Skills for Customer Care
- Travel and Tourism in the UK
- Marketing in Travel and Tourism: An Introduction
- Leisure and Business Tourist Destinations
- Travel Agency Procedures
- Selling the Travel and Tourism Product
- Travel and Tourism Study Visit
- Sustainable Practices in Travel and Tourism
- The Scottish Tourism Product: An Introduction
- Air Travel: An Introduction
- Travel Products and Services
- Airport Ground Operations
How the course is assessed
You will be assessed through practical and written assignments throughout the year.
Number of days per week
- 3 per week
- A minimum of six National 5s at grades A to C or equivalent of SCQF Level 5 (preferably to include English)
- Or relevant and comprehensive industry experience
- Or successful completion of SCQF level 5 Travel and Tourism course
You must be proficient in the use of IT(Microsoft Word and Excel). Any applicant without a formal IT qualification will be asked to take an IT test as part of the interview process.
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- Candidates will be asked to attend an interview to assess if this is the correct course for you
- IT test if candidates have no formal qualification in this area
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
HNC/D Travel and Tourism
- Cabin crew
- Airport ground operations
- Visitor attraction advisors
- Tour guiding
- Resort representative
- Travel agent
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Full time||28/08/23||41 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.