UAL Art and Design Fashion and Textiles Level 2 Diploma
Campus Granton Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
The University of the Arts London Level 2 Diploma in Art and Design (Fashion and Textiles) is designed to build on the skills knowledge and understanding acquired at School or previous experience to provide an opportunity to explore develop and test your creativity specifically within Fashion and Textiles.
The qualification structure provides a sound base of skills and knowledge that will enhance self-confidence and impart an understanding of the career demands and opportunities within art and design. If you are an entry-level student interested in developing a portfolio for applications onto more advanced level courses in Fashion and Textiles this course is ideal.
You will study a wide range of different specialities. The course is structured to allow you to develop your interests while being introduced to new specialist Fashion and Textile techniques. It`s the perfect preparation whether you`re a school leaver or a more mature student to develop and explore ideas materials and visual imagery through the use of drawing sketchbooks and relevant Textile media and materials. It will allow you to widen your knowledge and understanding of the creative process. You`ll put your learning into context by researching relevant Designers. The course also offers you the rewarding opportunity of exhibiting your final major project at the end-of-year show
What you will learn
- An introductory experience to some of the materials, methods, processes and technical skills that support Fashion and Textile activity
- An introductory understanding of the context in which Fashion and Textile activity is located
- An opportunity to test student interest in Fashion and Textile activities Development of an awareness of the value of research to support Fashion and Textile activity.
- An introduction to drawing skills necessary to support creative activity in Fashion and Textiles Development of an understanding of the role of communication skills in developing ideas An opportunity to use the knowledge understanding and skills developed in previous units to identify research and produce a personal Fashion and Textile project.
- Present personal project work at the end-of-year Diploma Exhibition
How the course is assessed
- Continual assessment of Fashion and Textile work
- You will gain an overall final grade of Pass, Merit or Distinction
Number of days per week
- 3 days per week
- Four National 4’s including Art and Design and English (or equivalent)
- You must submit a portfolio of practical artwork that demonstrates creative potential in sketchbooks and larger scale imagery
- Adult learners with relevant employment/life experience/skills will be considered for entry to this course.
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- All applicants are required to submit a Digital Portfolio and attend an Applicant Session.
- Information on Digital Portfolios and Applicant Sessions will be sent to you after completing your online application form.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- UAL Level 3 Diploma UAL Foundation Diploma in Art and Design
- HND Textiles
- Other specialist NC or HND qualifications within Art and Design
- Employment at a junior level within the creative industries
Our Creative Industries Faculty
Our Creative Industries faculty offers a variety of courses which help prepare students to stand out from the crowd in their chosen field, be it art and design, broadcast media and photography, music and sound production, performing arts or computing.
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Granton Campus||Full time||29/08/22||41 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.