UAL Art, Design and Media UAL Level 1 Diploma
Campus Granton Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 3
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
The Level 1 Diploma in Art Design and Media is designed to provide students who are intrigued and motivated by art and design with opportunities to explore, develop and test their creativity. The course is delivered over three days and enables students to both re-engage with education and acquire the knowledge, skills and understanding needed to progress to further education or employment within the creative industries. This is an Art and Design course specifically designed for students with additional support needs.
What you will learn
The qualifications enable students to
- Be introduced to the materials and processes used in art design and media and the skills necessary to record and express ideas
- Be aware of how contextual research is used to support creative activities
- Be introduced to the communication skills used in support of creative activities and develop an understanding of the role that communication skills play in informing and developing ideas
- Use previously acquired skills knowledge and understanding to explore and resolve 2D 3D and time-based creative problems
- Demonstrate personal strengths in art design and media and use the knowledge understanding and skills developed in previous units.
Number of days per week
- 3 days per week
- No formal qualifications are required
- Show us previous artwork that demonstrates your interest and commitment
- Demonstrate the ability to engage with ideas and have sound communication skills
- This course is suitable for students with additional support and learning needs
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- Applicants are invited to an informal interview to discuss their support needs and interest in Art and Design
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.0
Progression and Articulation Routes
- UAL 2 Diploma in Art and Design
Our Creative Industries Faculty
Our Creative Industries faculty offers a variety of courses which help prepare students to stand out from the crowd in their chosen field, be it art and design, broadcast media and photography, music and sound production, performing arts or computing.
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Granton Campus||Full time||29/08/22||41 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.