UAL Level 3 Diploma in Creative Media Production and Technology (SCQF L6)
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
The University of the Arts London (UAL) Level 3 Diploma in Creative Media Production and Technology (SCQF Level 6), has replaced our L6 Media Broadcast and L6 Audio Visual Production courses previously delivered at the Sighthill Campus.
Upon completion of the course, students will achieve the internationally recognised and highly regarded UAL Level 3 Diploma in Creative Media Production and Technology – following a specialised music production pathway.
The UAL Awarding Body Level 3 Diploma in Creative Media Production and Technology has been designed to provide students with the skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to progress to degree-level study and employment in the media sector. It provides an opportunity for those who have an interest in media to explore, develop and test their creativity within a qualification that is stimulating and demanding and provides a supportive transition from general to more specialised study
The course is delivered at our award-winning Creative Industries media school at the Sighthill campus, with access to sector-leading facilities including a fully functional TV studio/green screen, video editing rooms, brand new Mac editing suites running all industry software (Premier Pro, Full Adobe Suite, Final Cut, AVID, Pro-Tools), and sound recording studios. Students can book our facilities and also sign out an extensive range of professional equipment.
The structure of the course is project-based to reflect current industry practice and involves several projects exploring technical and creative roles in the current Media industry. With a focus on collaboration across the wider creative industries and developing a portfolio of work, the course equips students for higher study, training and employment in a rapidly developing sector at an exciting time.
(course subject to approval)
What you will learn
- Pre-production Techniques
- Audio-Visual Editing Techniques
- Single Camera Techniques
- Sound Recording Techniques
- Digital Photography
- Digital Image Skills
- Radio and Podcasting
- Industry skills and Job Roles
- Creative Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- Introduction to media processes and technical skills
- Introduction to design and research skills in creative media production
- Introduction to professional practice in creative media production
- Critical and contextual awareness
- Investigating audio production and technology
- Investigating visual production and technology
- Investigating interactive media production and technology
- Developing a creative media production project
How the course is assessed
- As a project-based course, to best reflect industry practice, the course is mainly assessed through the completion of several integrated projects (rather than tests and exams).
- Projects will be completed at various points of the year and submitted using relevant mixed-media portfolios, and creative products such as recordings, videos and session files.
- In addition to ongoing continuous assessment of project work, formative assessment forms a large part of the course with tutorial and feedback sessions taking place on a weekly basis.
Number of days per week
- 2.5 days per week with an additional time allocated for self-directed study
- Minimum of three passes at SCQF Level 5 or National 5
- If you have a link to an online portfolio please include it in your personal statement
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- After completing your application you be contacted by a member of the course team for an informal online interview - this will also give you the opportunity to ask any further questions
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5 (Where English isn't the first language)
Progression and Articulation Routes
- HND Television (Next Generation)
- HND Audio-Visual Technology
- HNC Media & Communications
- University Courses
- Camera assistant
- Vision mixer assistant
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Full time||28/08/23||41 Weeks|
Come along to one of our Open Days this February to find out all you need to know about studying at Edinburgh College and the courses available to you.
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.