UAL Level 3 Diploma Performing and Production Arts (Dance)
Campus Granton Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
New qualification with the University of the Arts London.
The Level 3 Diploma in Performing & Production Arts (Dance) is designed to provide students with the knowledge, skills and understanding necessary to access and progress to HNC/D level study or eventually employment in dance. This highly practical course provides an opportunity for those who have an interest in the area of dance to explore, develop and test their creativity within a qualification structure that is stimulating, demanding and provides a supportive transition to higher-level study.
On this 1-Year full-time course, you will focus on the essential techniques and disciplines needed for a career in the performing arts. The course will develop your skills across a range of techniques including Body Conditioning, Jazz, Contemporary, Commercial Styles and Ballet alongside industry workshops and essential skills in choreography. With state-of-the-art facilities including movement and rehearsal studios, Aerial space and our very own in-house Theatre and Fringe Venue, we offer the very best to get you started in the performing arts.
The course not only allows for your development within the specialism of dance training but also growth in your self-confidence, communication, employability and interpersonal skills. This course is internationally recognised and can lead to direct employment and progression to further training.
For more information please follow us on:
Facebook: @ PASS - Dance
What you will learn
A highly practical course designed to support you to realise and achieve your performance potential, through project-based working. Please see an overview of your units and the projects you will be working towards.
Project 1 - Technique and Performance (Units 1,2,3 and 4)
- UNIT 1-Principles of performance
- UNIT 2- Engaging with an audience
- UNIT 3- Introduction to professional practice
- UNIT 4-Critical & Contextual Awareness
Project 2 - Performance Skills and Context (Units 5,6,7)
- UNIT 5- Production Skills & Context
- UNIT 6-Performance Skills & Context
- UNIT 7- Preparation for specialist study
Project 3 - Collaborative Performance Project (Unit 8)
UNIT 8- Collaborative performance project
No assessed placement but students have had the opportunity to participate in Cultural Exchange Trips with Edinburgh Festival Carnival to South Africa, Brazil, Costa Rica and Cuba where they have worked with arts organisations in a variety of contexts.
How the course is assessed
- Recorded class discussions and presentations
- Rehearsal and Live performances
- Production process evidence - Research
- Digital and or written portfolios
Number of days per week
- 4/5 days per week plus self-directed study outside assigned College hours
- Please note during rehearsals you may be asked to attend additional hours but will be notified in advance of timetabled changes.
- A strong personal statement with a desire to make a career in performing arts
- You must be committed to participating in a full-time course
- Entry will be based on a practical audition where we look for potential, commitment, energy and focus
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
We would like to invite you to apply for our UAL Level 3 program by doing the following:
Stage 1: Complete the online application form including the following
Answer the following questions in the personal statement section of your application form
- Why do you want to study at PASS on this course?
- What previous experience do you have that will support your application and who inspires you? (Please think about choreographers, companies, dancers etc)
- Fully complete the application providing all relevant information including previous qualifications
Stage 2: Invitation to Audition & Information Session (2- 3 hours)
- Participate in a Jazz, Ballet and Contemporary Class
- Tour of facilities
- Information session on the course
Audition Dates are:
Monday 20th March
Tuesday 16th May
If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com
Remember we are looking for potential, not perfection so please do your best.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- HNC/D in Dance
- HNC/D Musical Theatre
Upon successful completion of this course, you can go on further study or apply for jobs within the performance sector as a:
- Assistant Teacher
- Articulation into further training
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Granton Campus||Full time||28/08/23||41 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.