User Experience Design NC
Campus Granton Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
User Experience Design NC is an immersive, modern and forward-thinking course designed to introduce you to the skills and knowledge needed to progress in the User Experience (UX) Design industry. This course is a strand of graphic design and Visual Communications and focused primarily on how people use digital products. During this course, you will learn an introduction to UX Design with a primary focus on app and web design as well as motion graphics.
Discover dynamic skills in UX design as you work in Edinburgh College school of art studios and Mac laboratories dedicated to the sector. You will be introduced to state-of-the-art software including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro and After Effects. These will be taught through class tuition and online tutorial support. This course will prepare you for further education at HND and university levels. This course will encourage you to build a personal portfolio that can be used to apply for further study or a job in the UX design sector.
What you will learn
- User Experience Design
- Animation and Motion Graphics
- Digital Imaging?
- Web Design
- App Design
- Graphic Design
- Audio Visual Software
How the course is assessed
- This is a practical studio-based course assessed by portfolio submission throughout the year
Number of days per week
- 3 days per week
- Four National 5’s or UAL Level 2 or equivalent?
- You must submit a portfolio of practical artwork that demonstrates creative potential in sketchbooks and larger scale imagery
- A good general understanding of the creative process from either school college or previous study and experience
- Adult learners with relevant employment/life experience/skills will be considered for entry to this course.
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- All applicants are required to submit a Digital Portfolio and attend an Applicant Session.
- Information on Digital Portfolios and Applicant Sessions will be sent to you after completing your online application form.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Your portfolio will support applications to the HND User Experience course or other UAL Diplomas and specialist HNDs in Art and Design
- Junior positions in the Design industry
Our Creative Industries Faculty
Our Creative Industries faculty offers a variety of courses which help prepare students to stand out from the crowd in their chosen field, be it art and design, broadcast media and photography, music and sound production, performing arts or computing.
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Granton Campus||Full time||29/08/22||41 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.