Three students talking and laughing with each other while walking up stairs at a college building.

Preparing for Enrolment

The following information will assist you with your enrolment. Please take the time to read this and bring the required documentation, as specified in your offer letter, with you when you enrol.


If you are paying for your fees yourself, you must do so in full before you can enrol. For more information about this, please read the How to Pay your Tuition Fees guidance.

Employer Funded

If your employer has agreed to pay for your course fees they must supply either a letter on company-headed paper or a Purchase Order number (PO) with your name, course and the amount they are paying towards your course fees.  If your employer operates a PO system then a PO must be supplied.

This can be accepted by email to

On receipt of the letter or PO from your employer, an invoice will be issued in due course. If you bring a cheque from your employer it should be made payable to Edinburgh College with your student name, ID number (for returning students) or application number and date of birth written on the back of the cheque. 

Individual Training Account

Individual Training Accounts (ITAs) are for people who are 16 or over and living in Scotland.

You can apply for an ITA if you are not in education, do not have a degree or above, are not taking part in a National Training Programme (Modern Apprenticeship, Get Ready for Work or Training for Work), or are unemployed.

If you are employed, you must have an income of £22,000 a year or less, or be on benefits to be eligible to get up to £200 towards the costs of learning or training. Find out more about Individual Training Accounts.

Money Advice

The Money Advice Service offers free, clear, unbiased money advice to help you make choices throughout your life, whatever your circumstances. If you would like advice on any financial matters or to find out more about this service visit the Money Helper website.