At Edinburgh College, we have a dedicated International team to support you during your time studying with us. We are here to help you at all stages of study, from initial inquiry to progression to university after your course has finished, if that's your plan.
The International team offers a range of free services to international students including:
- Application and admission support
- Help with visa applications and renewals
- Airport meetings on arrival
- Induction programme
- Social and cultural programme
- Accommodation advice and placement
- Academic guidance
- University progression advice
- Basic careers advice
- Language testing
Care of students under 18 years old
Edinburgh College offers courses for post-school age and adults, and most College students are over 18 years old. However, but we also accept students aged 16 and 17 years old. The College works to ensure a safe learning environment for all our students, but this is especially true for those under the age of 18. There are a range of support systems in place for all our students. However, please note:
- Edinburgh College does not provide 24-hour supervision of students.
- Students under the age of 18 will study in classes with adults of all ages.
- Students will travel unsupervised between homestay and the College.
- Students will be unsupervised outside class time and homestay.
Before arrival at Edinburgh College, parents/guardians of students must sign a parental agreement form to confirm that they understand the support systems and rules that Edinburgh College has in place for the welfare of under 18s, and the level of supervision that we provide. Students will also need to sign the agreement.