Join our Social and Cultural Programme to make the most of your summer in Edinburgh.
Every week during the Summer School, we organise two afternoon visits, one evening activity and one full-day Saturday excursion to places of interest in and around Edinburgh. You will have the chance to explore some of the historical and cultural highlights of our beautiful city, as well as having time to get to know your classmates better outside the classroom. We want you to get the most out of your course - and out of Edinburgh too! All of our scheduled social and cultural activities are led by our knowledgeable activity leaders. All entrance tickets and coach hire for trips out of Edinburgh are included in the price you pay for the social and cultural programme.
Recently voted the best city to travel to in the UK*, Edinburgh and the surrounding area is full of exciting places to visit and things to do. In August, our Social and Cultural Programme includes trips to spectacular shows as part of the Edinburgh International Festival, the world’s largest arts festival!
Some of the highlights of our Social & Cultural Programme have included:
- Discovering Scotland’s past, present and future at the National Museum of Scotland
- Relishing the Royal grandeur of The Palace of Holyroodhouse and Falkland Palace & Gardens
- Connecting with nature at Edinburgh’s Royal Botanic Gardens, Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park
- Exploring iconic Edinburgh Castle and experiencing the spectacular Edinburgh Military Tattoo performance
- Visiting Glasgow and pretty seaside towns like St Andrews and Anstruther
- Enjoying an evening of dance and music at a traditional Scottish “ceilidh”
*Condé Nast Traveller's Reader's Choice Awards 2019 and 2020; The Telegraph: Britain’s 20 Best Cities 2018
The biggest adventure which Summer School offers me is improving my motivation to learn English. My favourite thing about my classes is being between people from all over the world, sharing experiences with them.Jiri, Czech Republic