Join our Social and Cultural Programme to make the most of your summer in Edinburgh.
Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland, is a rich historical city known for academic excellence, with beautiful architecture, a vibrant cultural scene, abundant green spaces and a warm and welcoming community.
Edinburgh city has an amazing variety of visitor attractions including
- historic and religious sites
- parks and beaches
- Edinburgh Castle and the Palace of Holyroodhouse
Edinburgh is also a great base to explore other parts of Scotland and the UK, and is home to dozens of major arts and cultural festivals throughout the year, including the world’s largest arts festival, Edinburgh Festival Fringe in August.
What to expect
Some highlights of our Social & Cultural Programme include:
- Exploring the historical and cultural highlights of Edinburgh and Scotland
- Gaining an in-depth understanding of UK and Scottish culture
- Getting to know your classmates outside of the classroom
- Using your English language skills in real-life settings
Our enhanced Summer School Social and Cultural Programme includes:
- 3 x afternoon / evening activities per week (in Edinburgh)
- 1 full-day Saturday excursion per week (outside Edinburgh)
Our Year-round Social and Cultural Programme includes:
- regular trips and social activities throughout the year available for all international students.
- Discover Scotland’s past, present and future at the National Museum of Scotland
- Relish the Royal grandeur of The Palace of Holyroodhouse or Falkland Palace & Gardens
- Connect with nature at Edinburgh’s Royal Botanic Gardens, Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park
- Explore iconic Edinburgh Castle or experience the spectacular Edinburgh Military Tattoo performance
- Visit Glasgow or pretty seaside towns like St Andrews and Anstruther
- Enjoy an Edinburgh Fringe Festival show or an evening of dance and music at a traditional Scottish ceilidh
The social programme trips were all very enjoyable and I love spending more time with the other students.Sofia, Italy, 2023
Edinburgh is an amazing city, people are very polite. I love its culture and the beautiful places it has to visit, especially the castles.Elvia, Panama, 2019
Summer School Fees and Booking
Studying with our Summer School comes with tuition, accommodation and other fees.
English Language Courses
Our English Language courses are specifically created to help you improve your English language skills, further enhance your professional skills and have a rich cultural experience in Scotland.
How To Pay Your Fees
You can pay your fees using our international payments platform Convera, or by bank transfer, major credit card, GBP cheque or banker's draft.