This course is part of the Schools and College Partnership provision delivered by Edinburgh College. This course is for School Pupils only.
The course is designed to develop some of the essential skills and knowledge required for further study and to work and in the fast-growing sectors of Early Learning & Childcare and Primary Teaching. It is delivered at SCQF Level 6. There is no placement/work experience on this course. It will be delivered at our Sighthill Campus.
This course is an ideal progression route for our HNC Childhood Practice full-time course at Edinburgh College.
The course is also designed to support progression to Primary School teaching. In addition applicants will need to meet specified entry requirements.
For further information or if you have any questions, please contact Duncan Munro at Duncan.Munro@edinburghcollege.ac.uk
This course has been designed to cover key areas of learning relevant to further study in Primary School teaching and Childhood practice.
- Child Development
- Child Development Theory
- Supporting Language, Literacy and Numeracy in an Educational Setting
- There is no placement/work experience on this course
- Applicants must either have achieved or be working towards Higher English.
How the course is assessed
- This course is assessed using a range of methods, continually throughout the course
Progression And Articulation Routes
- This course is designed as a progression route to the HNC Childhood Practice full-time course at Edinburgh College.
- Successful completion of the course will guarantee an interview on the HNC Childhood Practice course.
- The course is also designed to support progression to Primary School teaching. In addition applicants will need to meet specified entry requirements.
- This course is delivered on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 13.30 to 16.00.
- This course is offered at our Sighthill campus.
- We recommedn that students on this course will require additional time for self-study.