The Edinburgh College Development Trust exists to support students of Edinburgh College across all campuses and all subjects by distributing funds given by donors. It is a separate entity from the College and a charity in its own right.
Our donors believe in the power of further education and the potential of the College's 25,000 students across four campuses in Edinburgh and Midlothian. The Trust provides the governance needed to maximise income and effectively distribute grants for the benefit of students. Since its foundation in 2014, the Trust has secured funds from corporate, individual and trust sources for a range of scholarships, student-led initiatives, projects and campus improvements.
We are recruiting new trustees. Please go to goodmoves.org.uk to find out more and download details.
The Trust is governed by a Board of Trustees who volunteer their time to reach out to donors and partner organisations and oversee the disbursement of donor funds through scholarships, student project grants and major projects grants in partnership with the College and Edinburgh College Students' Association (ECSA).
The current Trustees are:
- Fiona Gray (Chair) Commercial Operations and Human Resources
- Catherine Cooper
- Kate Darrah, Founder and MD The Ridge in Dunbar
- Colin Flinn
- Ross Laird
- David McDougall
- Eluned McHardy, Lawyer
You can see an overview of the charity and accounts on the OSCR website.
The Trustees work with donors to steer funds to student-focused projects. Recently this has included:
- Student Group Grants to fund innovative projects that develop employability and life skills, promote positive mental wellbeing for students or improve the campus experience for students.
- David Doig Foundation STEM Scholarship to give a student the opportunity to work in promoting science and technology to school children.
- Hard Times Fund to support students in financial crisis and who do not qualify for other key support funds.
- Widening Horizons project to support students with additional needs to work together outside of normal College term time.
The Trust has also worked with ECSA and the College to secure funds for green travel initiatives and continues to identify new project opportunities. Details of the grants made in recent years are listed in our annual accounts (see OSCR website).
Our Donors and Alumni
We are very grateful to everyone who has supported the Trust and we hope to grow our network of supporters. We welcome news from our alumni to inspire today's students, and partnerships with businesses wishing to prepare the workforce of tomorrow.
We are delighted to have individuals make contributions to our funds including those who choose to make a gift in their will to the Edinburgh College Development Trust.
Get in Touch
To learn more about the work of the Trust and how you might get involved, please contact:
Fiona Gray (Chair)
Edinburgh College Development Trust is a Scottish Charity, No. SC044657. Company No. SC469307