Creative Audio Visual Production and Technology HND (AVT)
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 8
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
Creative Audio and Visual Production is a creative course devliered within the HND Audio Visual Technology qualification framework. The primary focus on the course is to allow exploration of innotvative and emerging creative practices in audio visual production to provide you with a creative edge and the ability to add an extra dimension to audio and visual media.
With the continued growth and variety of ways that digital media is consumed, the course is designed to explore the future of creaitve media production including spatial audio, interactive and immersieve audio visual production, motion graphics and vfx, virtual reality, animation and user experience.
The curriculum is project based and in many ways led by you - to devlier industry focussed projects in your chosen area with the support of our award winning team and collaboratoin with our industry partners.
Upon completion of the course you will be equipped with the skills and knowledge to add an extra dimension to both visual and audio productions, with a focus on interactice and immersive production.
What you will learn
- Audio visual post production
- Spatial Audio
- Motion Graphics
- Ineractive Audio Visual Production (Fmod/UNREAL)
- Advanced audio and visual recording (camera/sound)
- Expoosure to a wide range of industry projects (to be updated for 24/25)
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed through both practical and written assignments
- Student led currciulum driven by projects
Number of days per week
- 3 days per week
- A minimum of two Highers at C or above (preferably in English, a Science or Mathematics) or successful completion of a relevant NC qualification at SCQF Level 6
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
"Questionnaire and Written task "document is sent to the applicants. This also asks you for examples of your creative work which can be provided through a link to your site.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Edinburgh College - PDA in Outside Broadcasting in Multicamera Productions
- Edinburgh Napier University - BA ( Honours ) Television
- Edinburgh Napier University - BSc ( Honours ) Digital Media and Interactive Design
- Glasgow Caledonian University - BSc ( Honours ) Digital Design
- Queen Margaret University - BA ( Honours ) Film and Media
- University of Stirling - BA ( Honours ) Film and Media
- Ravensborne - BSc (Hons) Digital Television Technology
- University of the West of Scotland - BA hons in Broadcast Production tv and radio
- Bournemouth University - BA (Hons) Television Production |
- University of Westminster - Television Production BA Honours - Courses
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.