Campus Milton Road Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 7
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
HNC Events is designed to provide you with the knowledge and practical skills necessary for a successful future career in the fast paced and growing industry of events, conferences and festivals.
What you will learn
This practical course will give you the skills to plan, organise and promote events. Here are some of the areas you will cover during your study:
- Using Software Application packages
- Events Budgeting
- Creating a Culture in Cusomer Care
- Communication Skills
- Events Principles and Practices
- Organising an Event
- Events Industry
- Events Legislation
- Food and Beveridge Events
- Events: Graded Unit
- Work Placement
- Managing Human Rescourses in Hospitality
- Work placement is required for this course, Working with our Key Industry Partners.
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed on an ongoing basis through practical and graded written assignments.
Number of days per week
- 3x days per week
- Minimum of one Higher grade C pass (or above) from the following English, Modern Studies, History, Religious Studies, Social Science, Psychology or Business Management (if you have a Higher not listed, we still welcome your application)
- Plus three National 5's or three Standard Grades at Grade 3 or above (two of which must be Mathematics and English)
- Or successful completion of appropriate SCQF Level 5 or 6 SQA course
- If you do not meet these criteria but have relevant work experience, we welcome your application
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- You will be invited to Edinburgh College to attend an information session and interview
- Group tasks will be set and carried out during this time
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Second-year at University, information sessions and University Visits will be arrange for you during your course at the college.
The College has a excellent relationships with a variety of key industry contacts, employers and venues. You will have the chance to complete work experience , any hours undertaken will go towards completing your Work Placement module.
|Milton Road Campus
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.