Foundation Apprenticeship in Creative and Digital Media (SCP)
Campus Milton Road Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Part time
Duration 39 weeks
Course enquiry form
This course is studied over 2 years and is suitible for 5th year students only.
The course is intended to be studied alongside your school subjects.
The Foundation Apprenticeship in Creative Digital Media is your first step towards an exciting career in the broadcasting industry. You will study units in TV production, and video editing as well as the skills and knowledge needed for various broadcasting roles. You will develop vital industry skills using Edinburgh College including an on-sight TV studio. You will also have access to a top-of-the-range camera, sound and lighting equipment.
This is a two-year course taught at Edinburgh College Sighthill Campus. In year one you will attend College for around two afternoons a week and complete a National Progression Award (NPA) in Creative and Digital Media (SCQF Level 6). In year two you will spend around 10 hours a week at Edinburgh College and at a work placement. Work placements will give you hands-on experience in the broadcasting workplace and essential industry connections. This course will lead to further study of Broadcast Media at a higher level and a potential career in the industry.
What you will learn
- Camera Operations
- Sound Editing
- You will do an industry-related work placement either within the industry or within a realistic working environment at Edinburgh College
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed through both practical and written assignments
Number of days per week
- Approximately 2 afternoons per week on Tuesday and Thursday
- Achieved or working towards National 5 Mathematics and English
- Pupils should be working towards achieving one or two Highers over S5 and S6
- The ability to work towards an SCQF Level 6 (Higher) qualifications
- An interest in a career within the creative industries
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Gain direct employment at entry level in the media sector
- Gain accelerated entry onto a Modern Apprenticeship in the Creative and Media Sector
- Progress onto a Graduate Apprenticeship
- Progress to College - direct access to a variety of HNC/D courses in Media, Television, Radio, Photography (depending on Portfolio)
- Progress to University - FA is recognised as partial entry criteria for degrees in Accountancy/Finance
Various positions in the:
- Broadcasting industry
- Film industry
- Digital Media sector
|Milton Road Campus
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.