NPA Dance Level 5 (SCP)
Campus Granton Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Part time
Duration 39 weeks
Course enquiry form
This course is for S5 and S6 pupils who are still at school.
This introduction to dance course is for full-time school-based pupils. You will learn dance techniques in contemporary jazz and Choreography. This is a good starting point for those who have an interest in a career in dance. You will be involved in the PASS dance studios and have the opportunity to see other students in the dance courses.
What you will learn
- Choreographic dance techniques
- You will have the opportunity to see PASS performances
How the course is assessed
- Through practical demonstration and theory based tasks
Number of days per week
- 2 afternoons per week: Tuesday & Thursday 1:30pm - 3.30pm
- No formal requirements but applicants should demonstrate a desire to learn dance techniques and a passion for performance and choreography.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- NPA Musical Theatre
- UAL Dance
- NC Acting
- A variety of job opportunities within performing arts dance, teaching or choreography area.
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.