Professional Dance Performance HND
Campus Granton Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 8
Study mode Full time
Duration 42 weeks
Course enquiry form
This course is delivered externally at Dance For All and not at Performing Arts Studio
Scotland, Granton Campus but is acredited by Edinburgh College.
Fees for 2024-2025 Entry will be £5.500 (incl VAT) for students eligible for SAAS. For students that are not eligible for SAAS it will £6.800.
Please note Fees are reviewed and update Annually for this course.
Professional Dance Performance HND is a creative and technically challenging course designed to develop your artistic, technical and professional skills in the art of dance. Upon completion of this course, you will be prepared for a varied and high-level career in the dance industry as a professional dance performer.
Immerse yourself in the world of dance as you gain essential experience in professional environments and make crucial connections with industry professionals. You will receive in-depth training in what it takes to be a professional dancer. This course has a primary focus on performing, choreography and teaching but you will also learn skills in commercial performance, and musical theatre Your professional studies will be taught within the Royal Academy of Dance, Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ITSD) and Spanish Dance Society syllabus.
Please visit Dance For All website and social media for more details
What you will learn
- Dance Technique Training
- Musical Theatre and Singing
- Audition Portfolio
- Accredited Professional Studies - Royal Academy of Dance (RAD), International Society of Teachers of Dance (ISTD) Modern/Tap/National and Spanish Dance Society (SDS)
- DDE ISTD teaching qualification
You will perform and teach in a variety of dance settings during your course including one showcase per term and events like GoDance, YDance and CYD?, as well as opportunities for assistant teaching placements within Dance for All’s part-time classes.
How the course is assessed
You will be assessed through practical demonstrations and theoretical research assignments
Number of days per week
- 5 days per week
- Highers and/or NAT 5 Qualifications
- SCQF Level 6 in Dance and/or substantial previous experience in any of the dance styles mentioned above (by DFA)
- Based on a practical audition, we look for potential, commitment, energy and focus
- Applicants must be physically and academically able to take part fully in all practical and theoretical classes
- Applicants must be over 16yrs (but those who are 15yrs may be considered on an individual basis)
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- Audition information will be sent to you on successful application
- Dance for All extra fees are applicable to this course
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
BA Dance and Drama Degree (Hons) accredited through Kingston University London and taught at Edinburgh College, Performing Arts Studio Scotland
The course at Dance For All will build your unique skills and qualifications as a professional dancer, performer and teacher, equipping you with the ability to follow your chosen career path as a professional dancer, dance captain, choreographer, dance teacher, dance school owner, aerial artist, dancer/singer, fitness instructor, participatory dance artist, community dance artist, dance development officer or dance teacher.
- Dancer/ Performer
- Musical Theatre Artist
- Dance Facilitator
- Dance artists in the community
- Arts administrator
- Film and TV backing dancer
- Dance development officer
- Dance teacher/educator
- Contracted performance work in resorts, cruise ships and theme parks
- Dancer/Performer in musicals and the West End
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.