Sound Production HND
Campus Milton Road Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 8
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
Discover the art of audio excellence with HND Sound Production at Edinburgh College!
Are you passionate about music and sound? Ready to turn your passion into a career? Look no further than our renowned HND Sound Production program at Edinburgh College. Aspiring sound engineers, music producers, and audio enthusiasts, this is your golden opportunity to dive deep into the world of sound!
Our program is designed to equip you with the skills, knowledge, and hands-on experience needed to thrive in the ever-evolving audio industry. With state-of-the-art facilities and industry-standard equipment, you'll learn from experienced professionals who are deeply rooted in the music and sound production scene.
Unleash your creativity and master the art of recording, mixing, and producing music across various genres. Our comprehensive curriculum covers everything from studio recording techniques to live sound engineering, sound design, and post-production. You'll gain proficiency in using industry-standard software and hardware, honing your skills in professional recording studios and live venues.
At Edinburgh College, we believe in a practical, industry-focused approach to education. That's why our HND Sound Production program emphasises real-world projects and collaborations with local artists, bands, and media organisations. You'll have the opportunity to work on live gigs, studio sessions, and film and TV productions, gaining invaluable experience and building a network of industry contacts.
With Edinburgh's vibrant music scene and our college's strong connections to the industry, you'll be surrounded by endless opportunities to showcase your talent and launch your career. Whether you dream of becoming a sound engineer, music producer, Foley artist, or post-production specialist, our HND Sound Production program provides the stepping stones to success.
Don't miss your chance to be part of the next generation of audio professionals. Enrol in HND Sound Production at Edinburgh College and embark on an exhilarating journey towards a fulfilling and rewarding career in the world of sound. Your sonic adventure starts here!
Please make sure you read and complete the Pre-Interview Assignment that can be found under the Information on Tests/Auditions/Interview Requirements section. If for any reason you are not able to complete the assignment, please state this as part of your personal statement in your application.What you will learn
- Multi-track recording and mixing
- Mastering (taught in year 2)
- Sound design and Foley
- Official AVID Certification in Pro Tools
- Sound for live events
- Creative Music Re-mixing
- Audio post-production
- Location recording (from rock to acoustic and orchestras to jazz ensembles)
How the course is assessed
- Throughout the year you will be assessed through a mixture of practical and theory assessments
Number of days per week
- 2.5 days per week
- Two Highers (or equivalent) and core skills at SCQF Level 5.
- Direct entry to the second year is possible if you have successfully completed an HNC in Sound Production with 15 credits. You can apply by emailing CRI@edinburghcollege.ac.uk to register your interest.
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- Upon completion of your application you will be invited to an interview with a member of the course team.
- Please prepare an examples of work to share at the application relevant to sound production.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Honours Degree courses at Edinburgh College (validated by Kingston University London)
- Edinburgh Napier University
- Year 3 BSc (Hons) Audio Engineering at University of the Highlands and Islands (UHI)
- Glasgow Caledonian University
- Abertay University
- Studio engineer
- Sound designer for visual media/games
- Live sound engineer
- Audio visual technician
- Studio designer
|Milton Road Campus
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.