Technical Theatre NPA
Campus Granton Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Part time
Duration 39 weeks
Course enquiry form
This course is for S5 and S6 pupils who are still at school.
This course will enable learners to develop a defined set of skills and knowledge in the specialist vocational area of technical theatre.
Learners will develop practical, technical and transferable skills and will have the opportunity to build skills for progression to full-time college courses at a higher level.
What you will learn
- Technical Theatre in context
- Theatre Stage Lighting Operations
- Theatrical Design including Lighting, Sound, Prop Making and Model Set Construction
Dependent on resources
- Learners will get the opportunity to work on productions and support live shows.
How the course is assessed
- Through practical and theoretical elements.
Number of days per week
- Tuesday and Thursday afternoons 1.30-4 pm
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- An interest in the production side of performances.
English Proficiency RequirementsILETS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- HND Technical Theatre
- Festivals and events
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.