Looking out a window on a sunny day at Milton Road campus.

Milton Road

Milton Road Campus includes a purpose-built accommodation block, situated next to the main campus building.

The campus has great transport links to Edinburgh (six minutes by train) and beyond.

Milton Road is also an ideal base for students studying at Midlothian Campus, which is just over a ten-minute train journey from Brunstane Station - just around the corner.

Milton Road Campus accommodation has 100 rooms available for students. Students live together in apartments and share facilities.

The accommodation at Milton Road offers a standard package which includes five evening meals per week during term times (self-catering options are not available). There are small shared pantries on all floors which students can utilise for preparing snacks, these come equipped with microwaves, kettles and toasters.

Students staying at Milton Road Campus will find it a great area of Edinburgh to live and socialise. The Fort Kinnaird shopping centre has numerous high street shops, restaurants and a cinema and is just fifteen minutes’ walk away. A large Asda superstore is ten minutes’ walk away. Portobello and Musselburgh, which are within easy walking distance, have vibrant high streets, access to the coast and beaches and numerous clubs and social activities that are open to all.

All in all, Edinburgh offers students a great and diverse place to live and study.

COVID-19 information

Your health and safety remains out priority at all times. We are committed to trying to adapt where we can for your safety and wellbeing. This includes regular cleaning of communal areas and providing materials so residents can also self-clean these areas. As health and safety protocols are changed or introduced, we will advise all residents of these and what is required of them and if and how it will affect the services that we can provide.

Our accommodation prices, packages and procedures are subject to change and possible cancellation due to this uncertainty. Please treat all information as a guide at present and we will email students directly so that you can make an informed choice about your accommodation.

Accommodation Package


Price - £165 per week (TBC)

Duration - 40/42 weeks
(term dates to be confirmed, halls closed over festive period)

Package includes:

  • 5 evening meals per week during term times.
  • No utility or council tax bills to worry about
  • Located on campus
  • Secure cycle Enclosure
  • Secure door entry system
  • Security Guard presence through the night
  • Edinburgh College Wi-Fi campus-wide

For more detailed information please read through the guide to Milton Road Campus Accommodation (below) or contact the accommodation team with any queries.


Five evenings meals during the week are included with all room options at Milton Road Campus. This is provided in the Club building. Service is between 4pm and 6pm Monday to Friday during college term times. An example menu of what will be served is below. Meals are not served out of term time, as most of our students return to their out-of-term accommodation.

The accommodation at Milton Road is not a self-catering facility however there are limited options for the preparation of snacks.

Applying for accommodation

Applying for accommodation is the first step towards booking a study room to stay with the college.

Due to the possibility of reduced occupancy levels being in place due to COVID-19, it is important to apply as early as possible so we have your details and can advise you of availability and the packages that will be available.

The first step to applying is to complete the application form. Please email the completed form to our Accommodation team so they can register your interest.

Milton Road Accommodation Application Form

Please contact accommodation.MIL@edinburghcollege.ac.uk for more information.

Smiling student reading a book in the library.

Apply for Accommodation

Download and complete our Milton Road Campus Accommodation Application Form.

Download our Accommodation Application Form (PDF)
Student smiling while they speak to a member of staff in the library.

Contact us

You can contact our accommodation team on by emailing accommodation.MIL@edinburghcollege.ac.uk or phoning 0131 344 7373.