CELTA (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) is an initial teacher training course and an internationally recognised form of entry into the English Language teaching profession. The course is designed to give you the knowledge and skills to teach English effectively in a variety of contexts. You will study theory and methodology and learn how to analyse language through tasks and discussions. You will observe experienced English Language teachers and undertake six hours of teaching practice.
CELTA courses are delivered in Edinburgh and online.
The next available full-time course will run for 4 weeks from 20th June – 15th July 2022 in Edinburgh.
How the course is assessed
- four written assignments
- six hours of assessed teaching practice
Number of days per week
- Full time – 30 hours per week plus self-study time
- The course is very intensive and it is expected that participants will be committed to significant self-study outside of scheduled classes
- You should be at university entry standard with IELTS 7.5 or equivalent
- Successful selection interview
Please note that places on CELTA courses are limited and early application is advised.
Bespoke teacher Training
Programmes are available for both teachers of English and teachers of other subjects. Teachers of all levels are catered for, from new teachers just entering the profession to experienced teachers requiring to refresh and develop their skills.Bespoke Teacher Training Programmes For Groups