What are the DELE diplomas?
The DELE (Diploma Español Lengua Extranjera) diplomas are official qualifications granted by the Instituto Cervantes of Spain certifying the degree of competence and mastery of Spanish. The DELE examinations follow the guidelines and levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) which ensures international recognition of the level of language learning reached.
The DELE examinations are completed in over 1000 examination centres of the Instituto Cervantes in more than 100 countries. Since 2004 Edinburgh College has been one of the Instituto Cervantes examination centres offering two DELE examination diets each year, in May and November, covering all the DELE levels: A1 and A1 for pupils, A2 and A2/B1 for pupils, B1, B2 C1 and C2.
Edinburgh College currently offers DELE preparation courses for the following levels: A2, B1 and C1. Although completion of these courses is not obligatory in order to register for any of the DELE exams at Edinburgh College, they are recommended as they familiarise candidates with the format of the DELE exams and the tests involved. Students enrolled in our DELE preparation courses will receive a 20% discount on the official price of registering and sitting the exams at Edinburgh College.
EXAMINATION DATES (Levels A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2)
- Saturday 13 May 2023 and Saturday 18 November 2023
EXAMINATION DATES (Levels A1 and A2/B1 for pupils)
- Friday 12 May 2023 and Friday 17 November 2023
REGISTRATION DEADLINES (All levels)
- May examinations – register by 15 March 2023
- November examinations – register by 11 October 2023
|DELE A1 and A1 for pupils||£110|
|DELE B1 and A2/B1 for pupils||£155|
How to register
To enquire and register for any of the DELE exams offered at Edinburgh College, email Jordi Pitarch-Marquino: firstname.lastname@example.org
To register for any of the DELE examinations, candidates must pay the examination fee to the examination centre and supply the following documents:
- Registration form, completed and signed, which can be obtained electronically by emailing Jordi Pitarch-Marquino or by downloading the file available from the link at the bottom of this page.
- Copy of a photo ID that includes the following information: identity, nationality, place and date of birth. Information declared by candidates on the registration form must correspond with that on the ID.
PAYMENT OF EXAMINATION FEE
To arrange payment please contact:
Edinburgh EH11 4DE
Further information on the DELE examinations