Developing Skills in Events, Hospitality and Travel
Campus Granton Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 3
Study mode Full time
Duration 20 weeks
Course enquiry form
This 18 week course has been designed to give you an excellent introduction to the Events, Hospitality and Travel industry. The course is very interactive and practical, designed to develop excellent customer service and organisational skills and discover dynamic employability subjects and enhance your career prospects. Students will also participate in a variety of industry visits.
our studetns will also be involved in hosting Events and working in our Student Cafes to gain a relistic working enviroment to assit them with employment.
What you will learn
- Working as Air Cabin Crew
- Introduction to Tour Guiding
- Travel Agency Procedures
- Event organisation and promotion
- Hospitality Provision
Student will work along side our staff in the catering Cafes and college restaurants , given them hands on experience of working in a relistic enviroment.
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed through a variety of practical and written assignments
Number of days per week
- 2 / 3 days per week (maximum of 16 hours)
- You must be able to work at SCQF Level 3
- Have an interest in working within the events, hospitality and travel industry
- Demonstrate good communication skills.
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- You will attend an information session to discuss the course after application and be given the chance to ask any additional questions.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELT's 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
This course is designed as employability and employer-led course and would not normally lead to progression onto a higher-level course. Individual performance would be considered if a student wished to progress onto a higher level Hospitality or Travel and Tourism course.
- Cabin crew/airport operations
- Tour guiding
- working within the Hospitality and Events industry
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.