Introduction to Electrical Installation
Campus Granton Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 4
Study mode Full time
Duration 42 weeks
Course enquiry form
This Introductory course is aimed at individuals with little or no experience, but who wish to learn relevant skills that will help aid their progress to our Pre-Apprentice Electrical program.
What you will learn
You will be introduced to many core subjects such as:
- Mathematics: Craft 1
- Engineering: Using Information Technology
As well as being introduced to trade-specific areas such as:
- Layout and Fixings
- Installation Skills
- Fundamental Electrical Systems
- Inspection and Testing of Electrical Installations
- Installation of Conduit Systems
- Earthing Systems
- Electrical Principles
- Electrical Testing and Measurement
- Electrical Wiring Skills
- Installation of PVC Sheathed Wiring Systems
- Safe Working Practices
At this level, we do not offer Work Placements however we do introduce you to site activity in form of Inductions and Toolbox Talks.
How the course is assessed
Assessements are continues throughout the course through practical demonstration of your abilities to complete tasks.
Number of days per week
- 3 days over 36 weeks
- No formal qualifications are required - although must show an interest in your journey to gaining an Apprenticeship in Electrical Installation.
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- Candidates will be invited to Interview and asked to complete a practical task
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Successful completion of the course will allow progression to our Pre-Apprenticeship in the Electrical Installation program.
- Apprenticeship in Electrical Installation
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.