Pre-Apprenticeship NC Electrical Installation
Campus Granton Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
You will gain a broad understanding of technical aspects and practical skills within the Electrical Installation & Engineering industry. All the skills and knowledge you acquire are transferable and will benefit you in either further studies or employment.
What you will learn
- Layout and Fixings
- Installation Skills
- Mathematics: Craft 1
- Engineering: Using Information Technology
- Fundamental Electrical Systems
- Inspection and Testing of Electrical Installations
- Installation of Conduit Systems
- Earthing Systems
- Electrical Principles
- Electrical Testing and Measurement
- Electrical Wiring Skills
- Installation of PVC Sheathed Wiring Systems
- Safe Working Practices
- We work with SECTT in trying to offer placement during courses this is at the discretion of the employers.
How the course is assessed
- Continuous assessment throughout the course
Number of days per week
- 3 days a week over 36 weeks
- Mathematics or Physics at National 4
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- Successful applications will be invited in for an introduction and interview session.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Gain employment as an Apprentice Electrician
- NC Level 6 Electrical Engineering
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.