Preparation for Diploma in Spanish as a Foreign Language (DELE) Level C1
Campus OL - Open Learning/Cross Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Open learning
Duration 18 weeks
(see funding options)
Course enquiry form
The Preparation Course for the Diploma in Spanish as a Foreign Language (DELE) Level C1 is an 18-week online course with a choice of start dates in either early August or February. Each semester is designed to improve your general knowledge of the Spanish language while familiarising you with the format and preparing you for the tests involved in the DELE C1 examination taking place in May and November at Edinburgh College.
The DELE diplomas are official qualifications granted by the Instituto Cervantes of Spain certifying the degree of competence and mastery of Spanish. The DELE examinations follow the guidelines and levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) which ensures international recognition of the level of language learning reached.
What you will learn
In the DELE C1 Preparation course you will learn the necessary skills to complete the different tasks you will find in the DELE C1 examination:
- Prueba 1: Comprensión de lectura
- Prueba 2: Comprensión auditiva
- Prueba 3: Expresión e interacción escritas
- Prueba 4: Expresión e interacción orales
How the course is assessed
- The course is completed online with the College’s virtual learning platform Moodle. Candidates also have regular tutor contact for oral practice and feedback via TEAMS video calls.
- Candidates who at the end of the course would like to sit the DELE examination at Edinburgh College will have to register and pay the examination fee separately. Students enrolled on a DELE preparation course will receive a 20% discount on the official price of registering and sitting the exam at Edinburgh College.
- For more information about the DELE diplomas
Number of days per week
- Open Learning
- There are no formal entry requirements although candidates should demonstrate appropriate language knowledge to be offered a place in the course by completing a level test.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Preparing for other DELE examination levels or SQA qualifications in Modern Languages
- Further study in languages and related areas employment and/or training
- Language career options in the UK or working abroad
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration||Cost|
|OL - Open Learning/Cross Campus||Open learning||01/08/23||18 Weeks||
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.