Update 15 March Summer School 2021
Due to continuing uncertainty around international travel as a result of the Covid-19 (Coronavirus) situation, Edinburgh College has made the sad decision to cancel our Summer School for 2021. Affected students should email firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.
Our English Language Summer School offers a rich academic, social and cultural programme for you to enjoy living and studying in Edinburgh, one of the world’s most popular student cities:
Why study with us?
- Small class sizes (max. 15 per class) taught by our team of experienced, enthusiastic and engaging teachers
- Excellent facilities & personalised student support
- Varied, interesting and challenging English courses to suit all levels, from elementary to advanced
- Meet, study and socialise with students from all over the world
- Many opportunities to explore Edinburgh – voted the best city to travel to in the UK*
- Enjoy Scotland’s natural, architectural and cultural beauty and join our rich programme of social and cultural activities
- British Council accredited, English UK member and more than 30 years experience running English language Summer Schools in Edinburgh
“I love that here there are so many students from all over the world and the teachers are kind and friendly.” – Mathilde, Italy, Summer School 2019
Our Summer School Programme
- General English (15 hours per week)
- English Plus OR IELTS Preparation (5 hours per week)
- Social & Cultural Programme (3-weekday activities + 1 full-day weekend trip per week)
Care of Under-18s: Information for Parents
During the summer, Edinburgh College offers English Language courses for adults, but we also accept students aged 16 and 17 years old. The College works to ensure a safe learning environment for all our students, but this is especially true for those under the age of 18. There is a range of support in place for our Summer School students. However, please note:
- Edinburgh College does not provide 24-hour supervision of students
- Students under the age of 18 will study in classes with adults of all ages
- Students will travel unsupervised between homestay and the College
- Students will be unsupervised outside class time and homestay
Before arrival at Edinburgh College, parents/guardians of students must sign a Parental Agreement form to confirm that they understand the support systems and rules that Edinburgh College has in place for the welfare of under 18s, and the level of supervision that we provide. Students will also need to sign the agreement.
The safety and welfare of our students are of great importance to us. Please contact the Summer School
staff if you have any questions about support or safety issues.
* Condé Nast Traveller's Reader's Choice Awards 2019 and 2020; The Telegraph: Britain’s 20 Best Cities 2018