Bootcamp - Beginner -Software (Free course)
Campus OL - Open Learning/Cross Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Open learning
Duration 43 weeks
Course enquiry form
This course is free for anyone to enrol. If you are looking to change your career or return to work and are unsure if Software Engineering is for you, then this free Bootcamp course is the perfect introduction to find out.
The course will first open on 21st August 2023 when materials will be available for study, following that date, participants can start and complete the course anytime until 30 May.
The course is studied at your own pace and delivered through our Moodle online learning platform.
There is technical support available but no classes take place on this course, it is open learning and we provide a help forum for participants to help each other.
The estimate is 8 weeks to complete it working a few days per week, but of course, you can work at whatever pace you have time for.
On completion of this course, you will have a better understanding of these technologies and a confident grounding to undertake the Codespace Software Bootcamp course.
What you will learn
- Web Development
- Python Programming
- Database basics
How the course is assessed
- Some activities need to be uploaded. What you develop from this course forms part of a portfolio you provide for entry into the Codespace Software Bootcamp
Number of days per week
- Approximately 18 hours for 8 week
- There are no official entry requirements, but you should be comfortable doing basic tasks on a computer, have an interest and be self-motivated to learn the content. It is SCQF level 6 and without face-to-face tuition.
- You will need a PC or Laptop with an internet connection and the ability to download and install free software.[ Not a content may work on a MAC]
- This course is not suitable for completion on a phone or tablet device.
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- There may be quizzes and tests on each topic to test your knowledge and understanding. These quizzes will be open and you can re-take them until you are confident.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Codespace Software Bootcamp, a 6-week intensive work-ready course
- Full-time courses such as NPA Access to Cyber Security Web and Software, or NPA Software Development and Web
- Working in Software Engineering or Web development in a junior or entry-level position.
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|OL - Open Learning/Cross Campus||Open learning||28/08/23||43 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.