CELTA - Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Duration 4 - 20 weeks
Start date Multiple available
Choose your study options
Course enquiry form
Certificate in Teaching English to Adults (CELTA) is an initial teacher training course and an internationally recognised form of entry into the English Language teaching profession. The Cambridge CELTA is designed to give you the knowledge and skills to teach ESOL effectively in a variety of contexts.
The part-time course runs from 23 January 2024 through to 13 June 2024 on Tuesday and Thursday evening 5 pm - 8.30 pm.
The full-time course runs for 4 weeks from 3 June 2024 to 28 June 2024. Applications will open in September 2023.
For further information please email:
What you will learn
- You will study theory and methodology and learn how to analyse language through tasks and discussions
- You will observe experienced ESOL practitioners and undertake six hours of teaching practice with the ESOL groups
How the course is assessed
- There will be four written assignments throughout the year
- You must complete six hours of assessed teaching practice which will take place at Edinburgh College
Number of days per week
- Full-time - five days a week
- Part-time - two evenings a week
You should be at university entry standard and have at least three Highers or equivalent
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- Please note that places on CELTA courses are limited and early application is advised
- Selection interviews take place throughout the year while places are available
- These group interview sessions will consist of discussion tasks a short mini-lesson and an individual interview
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 7.5 or equivalent.
- English teaching opportunities in the UK and abroad.
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Part time||23/01/24||20 Weeks|
|Sighthill Campus||Full time||03/06/24||4 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.