Digital Media Basics - Computing NPA
Campus Milton Road Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 4
Study mode Full time
Duration 20 weeks
Course enquiry form
Digital Media Basics Computing National Progression Award (NPA) is a fast-track course taught over one semester. This course is designed for those needing to get up to speed quickly for higher-level courses. You will gain the skills and entry requirements needed for further study of computing at Edinburgh College.
Discover digital subjects in digital media, audio production and video as well as essential computer skills. This course includes introductory subjects to a variety of digital software and applications. You will cover Photo Capture and Editing, Video Capture and Editing, Audio Production and Editing as well as grasp basic Microsoft packages such as Excel and Access. Following this course, you will study semester two at a level above. This will allow progression onto courses such as NPA Cyber Security, Networking and Forensics, or NPA Software Development and Web. The two courses together include a gentle introduction to Mathematics and basic file storage, management and programming for digital games.
What you will learn
- Digital Still Acquisition and Editing
- Video Acquisition and Editing
- Audio Acquisition and Editing
- Information Literacy
How the course is assessed
- The course is mainly assessed on your practical skills
- There will be some multiple-choice tests
Number of days per week
- 3 days per week (the course is 14 hours and could be distributed in any way across the week, but we aim to timetable as efficiently as possible)
- For school leavers: Three National 4 passes
- For everyone else: All enquiries are welcome regardless of qualifications. Edinburgh College computing staff can assess where you can start or progress in your computing career and find the right course for you
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- At the interview, you will be asked to take part in a Skills and Experience screening exercise online.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- NPA Web Design and Software development
- Access to Cyber (Computer Networking and Infrastructure)
|Milton Road Campus
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.