IMI Level 3 Award in Electric and Hybrid System Repair and Replacement
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Part time
Duration 2 days
Course enquiry form
This qualification contains the skills and knowledge required to work safely around a vehicles high voltage electrical and drive train system whilst carrying out repairs or maintenance. It also contains the knowledge and skills required to work safely around a vehicle that may have had damage to its high energy or electrical system. On completing this qualification, delegates will have gained knowledge of both low and high voltage technologies and an understanding of their dangers.
What you will learn
There are two mandatory units in the qualification. The knowledge unit requires the completion of an on-line examination:
EV2.2 covers knowledge of:
- Electric or hybrid vehicle system components and operation hazards associated with high voltage operating systems
- Injury and risk reduction
- High voltage isolation and service preparation
EV3 covers skills in:
- Working safely on an electric or hybrid vehicle
- Using information to carry out the task
- Carrying out repairs on high energy electrical systems
- Recording information and making suitable recommendations
How the course is assessed
There are two mandatory units in the qualification.
- The EV2.2 knowledge unit requires the completion of an on-line examination.
- The EV3 skills unit will be delivered and assessed during workshop course activities.
Number of days per week
- IMI Level 3 Award in Electric/Hybrid System Repair and Replacement Course Fee: £530
- New course dates available on enquiry
Learner entry for these qualifications should be assessed on an individual basis. Selection criteria for entry should take into account each applicant's existing academic/vocational qualifications and experience in working in the retail automotive industry.
- Application to IMI Level 3 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle System Repair and Replacement - Individuals should already have appropriate vehicle maintenance and repair knowledge and skills at level 3.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
This qualification will help support progression onto qualifications that further develop knowledge and skills within a technical role, carrying out diagnosis, repair and testing of high voltage components on electric/hybrid vehicles.
IMI Level 4 Award in the Diagnosis, Testing and Repair of Electric/Hybrid Vehicles and Components
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.