Legal Services with Administration and IT
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
This course has been developed with the purpose of providing you with the basic legal, administration and IT skills and knowledge required for further study and/or employment where a basic understanding of the law and administration may enhance your career prospects.
- Develop your knowledge and understanding of the role of the law.
- Provide you with the opportunity to develop relevant Core Skills for legal & administration-related occupations and further study.
- Prepare you for entry into related HN programmes.
What you will learn
A sample of topics cover is detailed below
- Scots Law
- Crime in Society
- Word Processing Legal
- IT Solutions for Administrators
Meta Skills Developed:
- Critical thinking
How the course is assessed
Each subject will have different evidence requirements and approaches to assessment.
Some examples are provided below on the methods of assessments:
- Open Book
- Exam – Closed book controlled
- Project based assessments
Number of days per week
- 3 days per week
- A minimum of three relevant National 4s (must include English and Maths/Numeracy) OR;
- Any relevant National Qualifications Group Award at SCQF level 4 or 5 (including Comms/Numeracy)
Relevant subjects could include - English, Business, Economics, Marketing, Modern Studies, Science subjects
Candidates will be considered on an individual basis
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- No interview required
English Proficiency RequirementsMinimum IELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- HNC Legal Services
- HNC Administration & IT
- Please follow the link below for further information on Progression
- Junior Administration roles
- Junior Legal Assistant
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.