Business & Enterprise
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 4
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
This course is aimed at those who have little to no qualifications or who are looking to get back into education after a break from employment
The main aim of the course is to provide an introduction to Business and Enterprise roles. This will enable learners to acquire and develop skills and knowledge such as resource management and organisational skills required for further study or employment. Signification opportunities exist for learners to develop Core Skills through this qualification.
The course will:
- Enable candidates to consider the various options open to them and to make informed career choices for their future.
- Prepare candidates for entry into further qualifications.
- Provide candidates with knowledge, and practical and transferable skills demanded by employers.
- Enhance your customer service skills.
- Develop an understanding of marketing, sales, promotion, and personal and business finances.
What you will learn
Subjects such as:
- Communication skills
- Digital Skills
- Enterprise Skills
- Customer Service Skills for the Entrepreneur
- Establishing a Business Identity
- Personal Development
- Building Employability Skills
Meta Skills Developed
- Digital Skills
- No placement required
How the course is assessed
- Ongoing assessments throughout the course
Number of days per week
- 3 days per week
- Applications will be assessed on an individual basis
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- You may be required to attend a group and/or individual information session and/or a skills check
English Proficiency RequirementsMinimum IELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- On successful completion of the course, you may progress to level 5 related courses within the department.
- Junior Administrator
- Junior Business Assistant
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.