There are a range of affordable options for staying in Edinburgh during the busy summer months.
Which accommodation is right for you?
We have listed here the accommodation options that we think offer the best value for money. Edinburgh College can book your homestay accommodation; other options you must book directly with the provider.
Edinburgh is very busy during the summer, especially during August when thousands of tourists and visitors come to the city. We strongly recommend that you book your accommodation as early as possible.
An affordable and comfortable home-from-home experience.
- Welcoming - Benefit from local knowledge and extra opportunities to practise your English living with a local host.
- Affordable – Simple pricing and with no hidden costs.
- Location – Homestays are conveniently located on public transport routes to our Sighthill campus and the city centre.
- Flexible – Choose from half board or self-catering, single or shared room* accommodation.
- Inspected – All homestays are inspected by our Accommodation Officer every two years, in accordance with Accreditation UK (British Council) criteria.
Price per week:
- £225 - Single room, half-board
- £195 - Single room, self-catering
- £195 - Shared room, half-board
Please note, the above prices are inclusive of the £25 Summer Supplement.
Homestay accommodation is normally booked from Sunday to Sunday. Additional nights will be charged extra and we cannot guarantee that they will be with the same host.
Students under the age of 18 must return to their homestay before 11.00 pm each night.
Halls of Residence or Student Flats
For students looking for more independence.
- Location – There is no student residence at our Sighthill Campus. A limited number of options are available in other parts of the city.
- Independence – More expensive than homestay but offers the opportunity to live more independently.
- Facilities – Most offer private bedrooms, some with en-suite bathrooms. Most have shared kitchens, where you’ll need to prepare your own meals, but you may have the opportunity to meet students outside of your Summer School group.
Edinburgh College accommodation:
Please note, you should book directly with the providers:
Hostels – a cheap option for short stays
- Location – Options available throughout the city
(remember to check distance and travel options to Sighthill)
- Facilities – You will usually share a bedroom, bathroom and kitchen facilities.
You should book directly with the hostels:
Please note that Edinburgh College is not responsible for accommodation bookings made with an external provider.
*Please note, shared rooms can only be provided where two students of the same gender and similar age apply together.
I think my favourite thing about Summer School is my host, Kath. She is beautiful! I feel in her home like in my own home. And, of course, the teachers. Very friendly and smart.Danila, Summer School 2019
Summer School Fees and Booking
Studying with our Summer School comes with tuition, accommodation and other fees.
English Language Courses
Our English Language courses are specifically created to help you improve your English language skills, further enhance your professional skills and have a rich cultural experience in Scotland.
How To Pay Your Fees
You can pay your fees using our international payments platform Convera, or by bank transfer, major credit card, GBP cheque or banker's draft.