Clearing in three steps
We’re here to take you step by step through the Clearing process.
Step 1 - Decide on your course
If you aren’t sure what you should apply for, we are here to help you. See which of our courses have places available on our website.
If you can’t find the course you are looking for:
- Consider different subjects, there could be a different course that suits you better or a course you didn’t know about.
- Check the course details – the course you want to apply for might have been renamed or have different entry requirements.
- Keep checking! Places may free up on the course you are looking for.
- Use our compare and shortlist tools to help you decide between courses on our website.
What to do if you didn't meet your conditions
Don’t worry, there are still options available to you at Edinburgh College.
- Consider different subjects, there could be a different course or a different level in the subject area you are looking at that suits you better, or a course you didn’t know about.
- Attend our CLEARING EVENT on Friday 12 August where you can speak to a member of staff about different subjects.
Get in touch - Speak to a member of staff about your next steps!
You can call our clearing helpline on 0131 297 8500 or contact us via our email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you have, or attend our CLEARING EVENT on Friday 12 August, where someone will be able to help you.
Step 2 - Make or change your application
If you have not applied to Edinburgh College and would like to make an application after receiving your exam results, you can do this on our website at any time. It is not necessary to apply through our Clearing Course Helpline.
However, if you would like to speak to someone about the courses available and your options, please get in touch with us on clearing helpline on 0131 297 8500 or contact us via our email at email@example.com.
I would like to change my application, where can I do this?
If you have already applied to Edinburgh College but have decided you would like to change your application to a different course or area of study, please attend our CLEARING EVENT on Friday 12 August.
If you are unable to attend our clearing event, please get in touch with us through our Clearing line and someone will be able to help you with your enquiry.
I have received my exam results and I met my conditions, what do I do next?
If you have already applied to Edinburgh College and have received a conditional, you will receive an email with an unconditional offer from Edinburgh College if you have met your conditions.
If you have already accepted your conditional offer, then your unconditional offer will be accepted automatically.
How do I reply to a clearing offer?
Don’t worry about replying to us, once you have completed your application and added your course choice at Edinburgh College, we will be in touch shortly to confirm your place in your application.
Step 3 - Get ready to start college
That's it - now you can get ready to start college this month! We can’t wait to welcome you to Edinburgh College at the end of August.