Will College Help Me Get to University?
If your exam results weren’t what you hoped, or you are not quite ready to take that next step to university, choosing to study at college gives you the opportunity to gain further qualifications and real-world experience in a supportive environment.
At Edinburgh College, we have a range of courses that offer direct pathways to university. With links to local universities such as Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh Napier University and Queen Margaret University, there are plenty of options for you to further your studies once you have completed your college course.
If you have completed an HND-level course, some universities will allow you to enter at year two of the degree, meaning that qualifications achieved at college will count towards your bachelor's degree.
Read on to find out more about some of our courses that could get you into university.
HNC Fitness, Health and Exercise
Looking at a career in the sport and fitness industry? You will study topics such as anatomy and exercise physiology, teaching gym and group-based exercise. The course will also provide you with specialist links to National Occupational Standards (NOS) and related professional bodies, along with a range of local businesses.
University Pathways for HNC Fitness, Health and Exercise
- BSc (Hons) Physical Activity and Health – Edinburgh Napier University
- BSc (Hons) Sport, Fitness and Coaching – The Open University
- BSc (Hons) Sports and Exercise Science – Edinburgh Napier University
HND Hospitality Management
If you want to pursue a career in hospitality, this is the course for you. Enjoy a wide range of opportunities such as on-the-job training, visits to hotels and other businesses operating within the hospitality and events industry and the chance to take part in a variety of competitions throughout the year.
University Pathways for HND Hospitality Management
- BA (Hons) International and Tourism Hospitality Management – Queen Margaret University
- BA (Hons) International Hospitality Management – Edinburgh Napier University
- BA (Hons) Hospitality Management & Festivals & Events – Edinburgh Napier University
This photography course will challenge your creativity with a varied range of photographic briefs throughout the year. Taught by experienced, practising photographers, you’ll be encouraged to develop fresh and creative image solutions in a professional and timely manner, leaving you well prepared for your next career step.
University Pathways for HND Photography
- BA (Hons) Creative Enterprise (delivered at Fife College) – Queen Margaret University
- BA Professional Photography (delivered at Edinburgh College) – Robert Gordon University
- BA/BSc (Hons) Open Degree – The Open University
If none of these options take your fancy, we do have a wide range of courses that offer university access pathways, view our courses to explore your options.