Meet the Wellbeing Team
Edinburgh College’s Wellbeing team helps support students across the College’s four campuses with a number of issues, whether that be counselling students, providing mental health support, offering guidance or signposting to relevant organisations.
The Wellbeing team run one-to-one confidential counselling sessions, mental health workshops, wellbeing drop-ins and can provide support with mentoring and study skills. The team are here to help make sure you enjoy the best possible student experience.
Jenni Moreland – Wellbeing Team Leader
Hello, I’m Jenni. I’ve worked at Edinburgh College for over 32 years. I manage the Wellbeing team and work in a number of groups across the College to help support students. If you’re concerned about anything at home or at College, and need to speak to someone please don’t hesitate to get in contact.
- What’s your favourite thing to do outside of work? I love baking and walking in woodlands.
- What’s your favourite movie? A Star is Born (Lady Gaga version)
- What’s your favourite meal? Omelette…with everything in it!
- What’s an interesting fact about yourself? I have worked at Stevenson/Edinburgh College for 32 years!!!
- What type of music do you listen do? Very mixed taste in music – anything from opera to Adele to Bryan Ferry.
Email: Jenni.Moreland@edinburghcollege.ac.uk Tel: 01312978021
Kara McKenzie-Tait – Safeguarding Team Leader
Hello, I’m Kara. I work within the Wellbeing team, but I’m also the College’s lead for safeguarding and gender-based violence issues. If you’re feeling down and need someone to talk to, please feel free to get in touch.
- What’s your favourite thing to do outside of work? When I’m not working you will usually find me out running and I also love open water swimming.
- What’s your favourite movie? My favourite movie is How to Lose a Guy in 10 days or 10 things I Hate About You.
- What’s your favourite meal? My absolute favourite meal is really any kind of pasta dish.
- What’s an interesting fact about yourself? I was a Newsround presenter at the 2002 Commonwealth Games.
- What type of music do you listen do? Who is your favourite band/artist? Indie – The Courtneers and White Lies.
Email: Kara.Tait@edinburghcollege.ac.uk Tel: 01312979569
Kirsty Tragis – Student Support Assistant
Hello, I’m Kirsty. I work with the Wellbeing team and help support students across the College. We are committed to helping you no matter what the issue, so if there’s anything you want to speak about please don’t be afraid to get in touch, even if it’s for an informal chat.
- What’s your favourite thing to do outside of work? Binge Netflix or shopping!
- What’s your favourite movie? Hairspray and Grease, love a musical!
- What’s your favourite meal? Lasagne.
- What’s an interesting fact about yourself? I have never broken a bone in my body.
- What type of music do you listen to? I love a good sing along from the cheesy pop classics right through to current chart hits.
Email: Kirsty.Tragis@edinburghcollege.ac.uk Tel: 01312979569
The Wellbeing team are here to help throughout your studies, learn more about wellbeing at Edinburgh College.