This 18-week course is an exciting insight into the Beauty industry and a great starting point for school leavers with National 5 qualifications.
The course introduces the basic beauty skills you need for entry into the industry with practical and theory units covering Manicure, Pedicure, Skincare, Make-Up, and Customer Care.
You will work in our salons and studios which will give you valuable practical experience in realistic environments. You will also have the opportunity to gain employment experience within our evening salons, these skills will enhance your employability prospects even further. You will be assessed on your practical abilities along with written assessment criteria where applicable.
On successful completion of this course you can apply for the NC Level 5 Beauty Care and Make-Up course in the 2nd Semester.
- All theory will be delivered online - you will be required to have access to IT to enable you to complete this part of the course e.g. laptop, Pc, iPhone, Android phone
- There is an additional cost for course kit, uniforms and books which must be purchased prior to starting the course
If you are interested in being a model for our students or want to try out our star facilities before beginning your studying journey, simply book in for a treatment. Check out our price list here!
- Day Make-up and Basic Corrective Make-Up
- Personal Care and Appearance
- Customer Care
- Practical Salon Skills
- Portfolio Presentation
- Employment experience will take place within our evening employability salons.
- Please note this is a mandatory aspect of the course.
- All applicants must be 16 years of age or older before the start date of the course and must hold:
- A minimum of two National 5s or qualification at SCQF Level 5 or equivalent preferably in English and Biology and pass the interview task
- Mature returners entry with successful interview and pass interview task
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- All practical assessments are carried out on paying clients within our salons.
- The theory aspects of the course are carried out under exam conditions
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- All applicants will be asked to complete and submit a research task (1000 words) – this task will be scored
- Thereafter successful applicants will be invited to a formal telephone/ Microsoft Teams interview –where your research task will be discussed along with other relevant questions relating to the course and your goals and experience
- The formal interview has a scoring criterion based on - presentation and communication skills.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- NC Level 5 Beauty Care and Make-Up (Semester 2)
- This course allows further progression to our NC Level 5 Beauty Care and Make-Up
- You will gain some practical skills to work within a beauty salon as a Junior Beauty Therapist
- 3 days per week (9-4pm) may include one evening (4:30-7.30 pm)
Course Cost And Funding Options
Our success stories speak for themselves. We are proud winners year after year in varying competitions e.g. AHT, Wella Exposure - where hundreds of students from across the country compete in one of the industry’s top events. Along with this we have a successful collaboration with St Columba's Hospice where our students work as volunteers to provide holistic services
We hold established industry partnerships and continue to be a well-established and recognised college for the beauty and makeup industry.
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...