Beauty Care (SCQF 6)
Milton Road Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Choose your study options
Course enquiry form
NC Level 6 Beauty Care is a one-year innovative course covering the skills required to enter the beauty industry.
You will combine practical and theory work in areas such as massage; facial treatments and eye enhancements; nails; waxing and electrotherapy, gaining essential practical experience working on clients in our professional salon environment. You will be provided with up-to-date training in new technology, techniques in high-end products and equipment from representatives in the beauty industry. Training at Edinburgh College will enhance your employability prospects as we have an exceptional standard of facilities and highly qualified lecturers.
This course is a fantastic preparation for becoming a practitioner in the industry as well as equipping you with the skills you need to continue on to further studies at HNC/D Level.
Apply now for us to assist you in a future in joining one of the world’s largest and fastest growing industries.
- There is an additional cost for course kits, uniforms and books which must be purchased prior to starting the course.
- Some theory will be delivered online - you will be required to have access to IT to enable you to complete this part of the course e.g. laptop, Pc, iPhone, Android phone
- Students will also be expected to bring in clients for practice and assessment purposes.
If you are interested in being a model for our students or want to try out our star facilities before beginning your studying journey, simply book in for a treatment.
What you will learn
- Facial Techniques
- Facial Techniques
- Facial Treatment Packages
- Nail Finishes
- Creative Current Make-Up Trends
- Body Massage
- Commercial Experience
- Eye Enhancements
- Manicure and Pedicure
- Face & Body Electrotherapy: An introduction
- Gel Polish Application (ABT Accredited)
- Work Experience
- Skills Practice
- All students will be expected to carry out a work placement in Semester 2 in order to gain hands-on experience in the industry. Your skills will also be assessed whilst working on paying clients in our employability salons. This is a mandatory requirement of the course.
How the course is assessed
- All practical aspects of the course are assessed on paying clients within our salons
- The theory aspects of the course are carried out online and in the classroom. Closed-book assessments are carried out under exam conditions
Number of days per week
- 3 days per week (9-4 pm) plus one evening (4:30-8 pm)
- All applicants must be 16 years of age or older before the start date of the course and must hold
- A minimum of 4 passes at SCQF Level 5 (National 5s) or equivalent - preferably in English, Biology and another science Or NC Level 5 Beauty Care and Make-Up qualification.
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
Please include a strong personal statement as part of your application which explains your reasons for wanting to be on the course. Once completed we will review your personal statement in conjunction with the rest of your application.
Thereafter successful applicants will be invited to a formal interview, which may be online or on campus to discuss their application and why they wish to study NC Level 6 Beauty Care.
The formal interview has a scoring criterion based on presentation and communication skills at the interview.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- HNC/D Beauty Therapy
- Spa Therapies (SCQF Level 6)
- TThis course prepares you with an excellent range of beauty therapy skills as a starting point for a career within the beauty sector.
|Milton Road Campus
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.