Army Career Preparation Course
Campus Granton Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 4
Study mode Full time
Duration 20 weeks
Course enquiry form
This is a fast pace 18-week course suitable for individuals who are looking potentially for a career in one of the British Armed forces or may be looking at developing their fitness and leadership skills.
The course will prepare you for the interview and recruitment / selection process carried out by the British Military; Army, Navy and Royal Airforce.
During the course candidates will develop a very good level of fitness, gain valuable insights into the career opportunities available in the British Military through multiple visits to Military establishments, Regiments and Cores. On completion of the course, candidates will be well placed to make an informed choice about their future career path.
What you will learn
The course will introduce candidates to five main areas related directly to the British Military:
- Military Recruitment Process
- Military Fitness Standards/ Testing
- Leadership Skills / Personal Development
- Health/ Wellbeing
- Fitness / Sport/ Adventurous Training
Candidates should be highly motivated, committed and enthusiastic individuals with a keen interest in developing their own physical fitness and skills related to a career in the Military or related Uniformed Service.
How the course is assessed
- You will be continually assessed to establish your personal fitness and progression and your ability to meet the requirements of the army selection/entry criteria.
Number of days per week
- 3 days per week
- 4 day Army Residential Experience
- Although there are no formal qualifications required you will be expected to meet the eligibility criteria for entry into the British Armed Forces
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- You will be invited to attend an interview that will take place Edinburgh College’s Granton Campus.
- You will be assessed on your attitude and aptitude during the interview process.
- This may include practical and physically challenging activities as well as teamwork and communication skills.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
On successful completion, candidates will be well equipped to look at entry into Military selection or progress within the Sport and Fitness department;
- Introduction to Sport and Fitness (SQFL 4)
- Sport and Fitness Activity Leadership (SQFL 5)
- Access to HND Sports Coaching and Development (SQFL 6)
- The ultimate aim of the course is to get you ready to access a career in the British Military.
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.